Monday, November 8, 2010

Eyes Clear!

This may have not been on the radar since I haven't blogged about it, but preemies especially the really young ones often need laser eye surgery. The eye doctor came today, and Jacob is fine, all clear, does not even need a follow up. I was praying so hard for the last hour that he would not need the surgery. Even though it is a minor one, I really did not want him to have to go though it after everything else he has been through.

Last night he had no spells and was doing well on his oxygen. He has my favorite doctor this week who will slowly wean down his oxygen flow of liters per minute this week.

He just had a spell where he needed to be bagged with extra oxygen, but they expected him to have spells after the eye exam and a rough morning. They delayed his feeding and he had multiple eye drops and his eyes pryed open (they wouldn't let me watch). I have never heard him cry so loud; I wanted to comfort him but was also glad to hear it - this means his lungs are developing. We used to have to be very quiet and open the isolette doors to hear him cry.

So today I am thanking God for watching over Jacob and for protecting his eyes.


Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment