Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I would hold him forever and ever....

.... and I did!

Today I held Jacob for 3 hours and it was wonderful.  After an hour, his nurse asked if I was ready to put him back.  I said, "No, I'd hold him forever and ever."  So she told me to let her know when I was ready to put him back.  I never did.  I eventually had to put him back in his bed for his next feeding (he is not back to bottles yet).

Jacob had a great day today and no spells since the bad one last night.  He will be back to bottles tonight or tomorrow if he can stay away from spells for awhile.  I really hope he does, not only for his lung development, but because he's frequently showing signs of wanting to bottle feed.

Here's a link to Luke and Katherine visiting Jacob last Sunday.  This is how the visits typically go.  They sing to Jacob and tell him what they are going to do with him when he comes home:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfT0LZVeWqE

No comments:

Post a Comment